SAIL Refractory Unit (SRU) – Jobs and Recruitment
Operator cum Technician (Trainee)
SAIL - The Employer
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), a Maharatna Company of Govt. of India, is the world's leading and India's largest steel producer with an annual turnover of around ₹ 50,000 crore. SAIL operates and owns 5 integrated steel plants at Rourkela, Bhilai, Durgapur, Bokaro and Burnpur and 3 special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravati.
SAIL Refractory Unit (SRU), a unit of SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited), invites online applications for the recruitment of Diploma Engineers in Ceramic and Chemical from eligible candidates for Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) in its refractory manufacturing units: SRU Bhandaridah Plant located in Bhandaridah, Dist. Bokaro, Jharkhand; SRU IFICO Plant at Marar and SRU Ranchi Road Refractory Plant at Ranchi Road, both in Ramgarh Dist., Jharkhand and SRU Bhilai Refractory Plant at Bhilai, Chhattisgarh as detailed below -
Job (Position) – No. of Vacancies – Grade
· Operator cum Technician (Trainee). Total vacancies = 09 (Ceramic = 05 and Chemical = 04) as Bhilai Refractory Plant - 3 (UR), IFICO Plant, Ramgarh – 2 (UR), Bhandaridah Plant - 2(UR), Ranchi Road Plant - 2(UR).
· Candidates selected as Operator-cum-Technician Trainee will be placed on training for a period of 2 Years which may be extended by another two years as per requirement. On successful completion of training period, they shall be regularized as Operator-cum-Technician in S-3 Grade.
Who can Apply (Eligibility for the Job)
· Only Indian Nationals with maximum age 28 yrs (as on 1-Feb-2014) are eligible to apply against this advertisement. However, age is relaxable as per Govt. norms.
· Educational: Matriculation and 3-years fulltime Diploma in Ceramic / Chemical Engineering from Govt. recognized Institute.
· Candidates possessing qualification of “Diploma in Engineering” through Distance mode/correspondence course/off campus are not eligible to apply.
· Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit by the Company’s Medical Board as per standard laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health policy. SAIL / SRU reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge / modify the above criteria, as per requirement
Consolidated pay: ₹ 10700/-pm during first year and ₹ 12200/- during second year of training. The emoluments for the post of Operator-cum-Technician on confirmation in S-3 Grade after 2 years of training will include basic pay in the pay scale of Rs. 9160 – 3% - 13150, industrial dearness allowance, reimbursement of local travelling expenses and other facilities such as medical facility for self and family, provident fund, gratuity, LTC, HRA, etc.
How to Apply for the Job – Important Dates & Links
· The mode of selection will be Written Test and / or Interview. Written test will be held at Kolkata and interview will be held at Ranchi. Also Date, Time and Place of Written Test / Interview will be intimated to the eligible / short listed candidates through e-mail / SAIL website
· Before registering their applications on the website the candidates should possess the following:
o Valid e-mail ID and Mobile No., which should remain valid for at least one year.
o Have latest passport size coloured photograph as well as photograph of own signature, both in digital format (.jpg or jpeg file only, each not more than 500 kb size) for uploading with the application.
o Candidates are not required to send any document to SAIL Refractory Unit (SRU) at this stage.
· Application through Online only. Apply for Jobs in SAIL Refractory Unit SRU - Recruitment of Ceramic, Chemical Diploma Engineers
· There is an examination fee of ₹ 250/- for General and OBC Candidates & ₹ 50/- as processing fee for SC/ST candidates.
· Starting date for submitting applications through website: 25–Feb-2014
· Closing date for submitting applications through website: 25-Mar-2014
· Before applying the candidate should read all the instructions to ensure about his/her eligibility. Candidates who don’t fulfill the eligibility criteria need not apply. To view details about the eligibility, terms and conditions, application procedure and original advertisement click Jobs in SAIL Refractory Unit SRU - Recruitmentof Operator cum Technician (Trainee) then on that page click on Current Job Openings > SRU > Operator cum Technician (Trainee) or on the Careers button on SAIL Jobs
[Source: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) ADVT. NO: Advt. No. SRU/ Rectt/2013-14/02; Dated. 25-02-2014]